Andi Roberts MBA
Andi Roberts has over 25 years of experience in training and organisational development working with people of all levels in an organisation from Shop floor through to the boardroom. With Spain as his home base for over 15 years, five of which were running General Motor’s European Leadership Centre. Andi has extensive multicultural experience, and has worked in over 25 countries.
Originally from an outdoor management development background and grounding in outdoor activities instructor he has been involved in some of Europe’s leading cultural change programmes that have used challenge courses and experiential learning as the backbone for supporting the business’ required change.
As well as providing facilitation, Andi also supports his client’s organisations from the role of a coach working with individuals and teams too boost performance and also as a consultant in the areas of process improvement, change management and knowledge management.
Andi’s key areas of expertise are:
- Senior management development.
- Creating a coaching culture and coaching skill development.
- Customer service processes and programmes.
- Sales methodologies and effective sales development.
- Business performance improvement processes.
- Project Management
Automotive sector industry experience
Andi has worked with over 25,000 people from both manufacturers and retail facilities over 25 years in the automotive sector. He has worked on courses with a broad range of brands from the following manufacturers: Jaguar Land Rover, Volkswagen group , Fiat group, GM group, PSA and Hyundai.
Andi delivers his automotive training in English and Spanish and has travelled to South America, North America, Asia, Middle East and around Europe to deliver workshops and events in the industry.
The work Andi has carried out in the sector has been a mixture of course design and development, facilitating, event design and management, running train the trainers and creating experiential activities including challenge courses to support training/change programmes in the automotive industry.
Automotive focused courses delivered include:
- Product launches*
- Whole dealership team building
- Customer enthusiasm*
- Personal effectiveness
- Role of the service manager*
- Market analysis and planning (Service)*
- Key Performance Indicators (Service)*
- Key Performance Indicators (Dealership)*
- Process improvement
- Workshop planning and organisation*
- Managing service employees*
- Quality Management*
- Project Management
- Time and self management*
- Service business planning workshop*
- Customer Care / Sales process*
- Advanced communication / sales skills*
- Vehicle trade in management*
- Advanced communication skills for sales people*
- Systematic market development and acquisition planning*
- Managing change
- * courses have been delivered in a Train the Trainer programme to other trainers / head of sales / after sales for a country / head of training for a country.
Dealer Principal Coaching – Executive Coaching to a regional set of dealer principles in the premium segment. Sessions delivered face to face over a 1 year period. Delivered in UK in English
Network Performance acceleration – Co-design, delivery and project management of a 1000+ person programme aimed at helping the manufacturer improve its capability to support and drive performance into the Eastern European retail network. The project involved multiple elements including brand awareness sessions through driving experiences and briefings, team sessions through outdoor experiential learning and a group and individual coaching processes. Delivered in Hungary in English.
Cultural Change Programme – Co-delivery of a customer focused change programmes that involved 18,000 people over an 18 month period. Central to the programme was a series of indoor and outdoor experiential activities including low and high ropes course. Delivered in English in Spain.
Experiential Learning Centre Development – Design, Construction, Content Development and Train The Trainer of an internal experiential learning centre. This project provided a European manufacturer the capability to deliver training using indoor, outdoor and ropes course based experiential activities. Curriculum was designed and supported with Train The Trainer programmes around the topics of performance improvement, customer satisfaction and sales. Delivered in Italy in English.
Annual Sales Conference – Design and delivery of a 1 week sales conference for the retail network of the African continent of an automotive group. The programme included indoor and outdoor experiential learning elements including simulations and a ropes course section. Delivered in English in Spain to 80+ participants.
European Trainer Centre Management – Management of the experiential learning centre of a manufacturer corporate university. Work involved project design, management and delivery as well as contracting and managing third party vendors. Delivered in Spain in English and Spanish.
- MA Online & Distance Education (in final year)
- MSc “Systems thinking in Practice” – Open University, England
- Professional Diploma in Management – Open University, England
- Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) – Open University, England Specialisations in Innovation & Change, Business Strategy, Knowledge Management. Strategic Human Resource Management.
- A range of psychometric instruments including: MBTI, Social Style, EQ-I, TetraMap, Firo-B, CPI 260, Lominger “Leadership Architect” & “Team Architect” and experience in a range of other leadership / team / sales instruments.
- Professional Certified Coach (International Coach Federation)
- Certified Professional Facilitator (International Association of Facilitators)
Fluent Languages: English and Spanish