Intellectually, organization leaders understand that successfully executing change is vital to future growth and prosperity. In practice, though, most attempts to initiate change fall short of expectations at best, while far too many fail completely. Statistics vary, but a failure rate of 1 in 2 is considered conservative. Acquisition related change hasan even poorer record of success. According to John P. Kotter, Professor of Leadership at Harvard Business School, fewer than 15% of organizations he studied successfully execute change initiatives. Kotter’s research pinpoints a common reason for failure: “While there is no single source of change, there is a clear pattern to the reasons for failure. Most often, it is a leader’s attempt to short cut a critical [step] of the change process.”
The Executing Change programme ensure that all critical steps of the change are taken into account by working with the various internal stakeholder through the different roles and responsibilities they have for your change. More than a training course this is complete change management programme as our experienced change facilitators train and coach your different teams to success.
- Executive Teams: responsible for determining the desired outcomes and business strategies to change.
- Project Management Teams: responsible for the change strategy and implementation.
- Managers: responsible for leading the change effort and producing its results.
- Individual Contributors: responsible for the implementing change initiative.
The four programmes can be delivered face to face, live virtually or in a blend of live and virtual sessions to meet your requirements. We can also support the ongoing change through our coaching and facilitation team.
The Change Model
- Providing Structure and Clarity around the change
- Assessing Readiness
- Risk and Style Planning
- Organizing the Project
- Measuring Results
- Adopting and Localizing Change
- Viewing the Landscape & Establishing the Linkages
- Examining the Environment
- Predicting the Outcomes and Success
Types of change the Executing Change programme has been used on includes
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Major Program or Project Implementations• Business Refocus• Global Expansion
- A Companion to Strategic Planning
- New or Changes in Senior Management
- Culture Shift
- And many others
Executing Change Programme overview
- How to establish clear change leadership roles and responsibilities.
- How people impacted by the change understand who is responsible for various change activities.
- Who owns and makes the key change decisions.
- Who is responsible for determining the desired outcomes of the transformation.
- Who is delegated authority to refine the desired outcomes, build the change strategy, prioritize and integrate initiatives, and design the change process.
- Who oversees and course corrects the change strategy, initiatives, and change processes as the overall effort develops.
- The attitudinal changes required for an effective change.
- Shared vision
- Effective change methodology
- Greater communication
- Faster implementations
- Increased competitiveness
- Participant workbook
- Participant toolkit
- 30 minutes per participant for pre course pre work
- 1 or 2 Day off site session
- Team effectiveness survey fees
- Programme fees
- From 8 to 16 participants
Executing Change for executive leaders:
Executing Change for executive leaders is aimed at the senior tier of an organisation with the aim of helping them in their pivotal role to drive change successfully in the organisation and keep one step ahead of the competition. During the course of the workshop the executives establish the framework and structure for the change project and identify and address key issues that will impact the organisation. This programme is part training, part facilitation and the senior participants will leave having learnt how to most effectively:
- Establish the structure and assign accountability for the overall change effort.
- Identify the key outcomes, strategies, initiatives and business objectives.
- Link the change initiative to the organization’s overall strategic intent, goals and objectives.
- Develop a compelling message that express the core meaning meaning, purpose and expectation of the change initiative.
- Assess the overall readiness for change.
- Assess how complexity and risk may affect the planned changes.
- Establish opportunities that will enable the changes to take place.
Programme Time: 2 days originating senior team – 1 day other senior teams
Executing change of managers and team leaders:
The Managers and team leaders programme is designed to drive the change practically and give them the skills they require to be able to effectively and proactively support the agreed changes. The managers and team leaders are the key to ensuring the changes required for success are embedded as soon as possible. This programme creates the vital buy in and provides the crucial skills to get the traction for change. The programme is designed to help manager and team leaders understand:
- How different work styles can benefit the change process.
- The dimensions of change: What will change and what are the opportunities and challenges ahead.
- The impact and effect of the work environment, work outputs, and information management and flow on the change.
- An overview of the change through the form of a change scorecard.
Programme Time: 1 day
Executing change for the change & project management team:
The Project Management Team programme is designed to help the teams who are driving and managing the change. These group of people play a vital role in ensuring the success of the change process. This programme supports this team by:
- Determine the resource requirements for successful change.
- Build a thorough conceptual work plan
- Identifying the risks and obstacles to change implementation and put plans in place to manage these.
- Develop the information needs of the project.
- Create a project calendar.
- Establish the measures and indicators of project success.
Programme Time: 2 days core project team – 1 day other project teams
Executing change for individual contributors:
The Individual Contributors programme is designed to create the behavioural and attitudinal change required to deliver the successful change in the organisation. It assists individuals in the organisation to:
- Visualise the future of your organisation.
- Identify challenges your organisation many encounter when implementing the change initiative.
- Recognise how change can create value and easy ways of supporting the change.
- Determine what your organisation hopes to accomplish with the change initiative.
- Put into motion the actions needed to facilitate change.
- Understand how different styles can benefit the change process.
- Assess how complexity and risk affect change.
- Evaluate how the change process will affect the organisation’s ability to maintain focus and productivity.
- Identify the opportunities created by the change initiative.
Programme Time: 1 day
Change made simple and effective
Our programmes are tried and tested globally.They are experiential in design and provide participants with assessments, tools and forms that they can use back in the work place and reuse in further changes.