Welcome to Session 1 of the Influence self reflection course:
Recently, Simon Sinek’s work, has become very popular in the world of leadership. His book “Start with Why” has become a global best seller on leadership and how we message with influence.
STEP 1 – Here is the Ted Talk that summarises the book. Take time to watch it, reflecting on how you message and influence.
STEP 2 – Read through this excellent summary of the book Here.
STEP 3 – Compare the video and summary notes with this sketchnote from Lynne Cazaly:
STEP 4 – Reflect and make notes on the following questions:
- What are your initial reactions to the video? Why these reactions?
- If you consider how you typically communicate, where do you start your communication, at the what, how or why space?
- If you embedded the “WHY” more in your communication, what would be the impact?
- How can you embed more “Why” in your daily communication? What would that sound like? What would you be saying?
- Take some time to consider YOUR golden circle:
- “WHY” goals – What are your personal, family and health goals?
- “HOW” goals – What are your personal & professional development goals?
- “WHAT” goals – What are your business, career and financial goals?
- What else can you take from ideas shared here and apply into becoming a better influencer?
Thanks for watching, reading and reflecting!
CLICK HERE to visit the next session of the series!