Welcome to week two of the influence self reflection course.
This week I want to share with you a summary of the excellent book “The Tipping Point” by author Malcolm Gladwell. His research shows that with a few simple ideas our influence can expand and have a massive impact.
STEP 1 – Watch this simple summary and as you watch consider how you and great influencers you know apply these principles:
Step 2 – Read through this summary of the book HERE
Step 3 – Read through this visual summary of the key messages from the book.
Step 4 – Reflect and make notes on these self reflection questions:
- Think about the network of people you have around you, how would you class the percentage of connectors, mavens and sales people that you have in your network?
- What do you need more of to gain greater influence?
- How can you find and connect with them?
- Think about someone you are trying to influence.
- How can you use the stickiness factor to impact your messaging and approach?
- What role does the power of context have in this situation?
- How could you employ the ideas from this concept more generally in your day to day work?
- As you look to build a bigger sphere of influence, what actions can you take in the next few weeks?
Thanks for watching, reading and reflecting!
Click HERE to go on to session 3 of the self paced course on influencing.