This coming week is International Random Acts of Kindness week.
This blog article has 50 great ways that we can impact positively other people.
Helping others in this way has a very positive impact on our own happiness, as well as those that we help.
Dr Richard Stevens from the Open University has suggested a great set of activities to make us happier. Points 6 an 10 are connected to the random acts of kindness. He suggests we try these regularly for two months:
- Take half an hour of exercise three times a week
- Count your blessings. At the end of each day, reflect on at least five things you are grateful for
- Have an hour-long, uninterrupted conversation with your partner or closest friends each week
- Plant something: even if it’s in a window box or pot. Keep it alive!
- Cut your TV viewing by half
- Smile and say hello to a stranger at least once a day
- Make contact with at least one friend or relation you have not been in contact with for a while and arrange to meet
- Give yourself a treat every day. Take time to really enjoy this.
- Have a good laugh at least once a day
- Do an extra good turn for someone each day
Have a go and see how it goes. Let me know!
Image credit: FreeImages.com Michael Illuchine