The following summaries show the types of courses Andi Roberts designs and delivers in the sales development area.
All sales development courses are custom designed to your requirements and Andi Roberts can support the training needs analysis and programme evaluation process as required.
Each course is supported by:
- Pre course work such as reading or journalling.
- Comprehensive handouts.
- Follow up emails on the subjects covered
- A private online area for participants to share ideas developed on the course together.
Courses can also be supported by one on one coaching, team coaching and additional webinar technology suppported sessions either with follow up content or course reviewing and action planning.
Sales academy : 5 day course
A complete sales training programme that provides new and experienced business to business sales professionals with the resources and techniques to become very effective sales people. This five day intensive course covers the full sales cycle from prospecting through to after sales follow up. The course is light on theory and strong on practise as participants “live play” scenarios with real sales professionals to embed the new learning quickly. The experienced sales professionals give solid feedback and support to the participants as they attend feedback sessions each day.
In this course participants will learn the core essentials of B2B sales:
- The sales and buying process.
- How to increase success in the stages of the sales pipeline.
- The effective sales model.
- Powerful sales questioning techniques.
- Objection handling technique.
- Building strong relationships.
- Negotiating with customers.
- Personal sales effectiveness.
Customer enthusiasm : 1 or 2 day course
Customers are simply the lifeblood of the organisation. Without customers the business would simply not exist. How many people in your organisation have that top of mind every day? Of those that do what percentage are customer facing? Customer enthusiasm can only be achieved when all areas of the business work together effectively to deliver services and products that exceed customer expectations. This programme focuses on transmitting the message of the need to focus on and excel at wooing the customer and gets participants to develop and plan ideas to improve the quality and consistency of customer service. The two day programme takes a step further and brings members from multiple business areas to examine how they can jointly develop a more customer centric business as a whole.
In this course participants will:
- Understand what is required for customers to be enthused about their business and its services or products.
- Develop their knowledge around the theory of “moments of truth” and map them out to their business.
- Define and refine the customer service ailments that the company has with a view of reducing or eliminating their impact.
- Develop and practise feedback skills so as to facilitate continuous improvement in the customer experience.
- Create effective strategies for dealing with unhappy or complaining customers to win them back.
Sales for non sales staff : 2 day course
Every organisation has huge untapped sales force potential in every customer facing member. Onsite technicians, consultants and delivery people are just some of those people that are based to some extent at customer sites and are in the unique position to discover sales opportunities. This course looks at three key areas that non sales staff need to develop in order to support the sales process. Firstly the course works on attitude change so that they can see the role that everyone needs to play in sustaining the organisation through sales. Secondly it gives the participants the tools to map out the opportunities for additional sales of products and/or services to the client. Thirdly it provides them with the influencing skills to move the client forward and agree to meet sales professionals from the organisation.
In this course participants will:
- Realise the value of supporting the sales function.
- Gain a better understanding of how their products / services better match their client’s future business requirements.
- Map out and identify potential opportunities.
- Learn and practise a range of techniques to influence others.
Lead development training : 2 days
Experience suggests that lead generation is one of the weaker sales areas of the average sales professional. This is usually the case for several reasons:
- The sales professional is unclear of their unique value and cannot express it effectively.
- The sales professional does not have a strong phone based sales call technique.
- The sales professional is unsure of the best places and ways to capture potential leads.
- They ado not have an effective system for measuring lead generation or following up on potential leads.
This two day course provides answers and solutions to strengthen the lead generation skills of the sales professional. Over the course of the two days the participants will be exposed to a wide range of dynamic training processes that focus and practise the following areas:
- Lead generation sources: inquiry and discussion into the best ways of generating potential contacts. A range of sources are discussed and the pros and cons developed. Unique value proposition: defining why the potential client should listen to the sales professional and how their products / services could benefit the client.
- Entry phase: tools, techniques and scripts for gaining access to the potential clients time and attention.
- Discovery phase: techniques for effectively questioning the potential customer and understanding the business issues without creating an interrogation.
- Opportunities phase: techniques on how to present and link the potential customer’s challenges to products and or solutions
- Decision making on next steps: A decision methodology tool to support the decision on whether to move forward with a potential contact.
- Sales system: tools and techniques to manage the information generated in the lead information process.
The course is intense and practical, a great deal of time is spent role playing on scenarios pertinent to your products / services and industry with the facilitator or an experience role playing expert rather than between the participants.
Emotional sales : 2 days
People buy from people and this is often forgotten on sales courses that focus solely on the process of selling rather than managing the personal relationship. The sales person needs to be attuned to their personal state to sell effectively and quickly diagnose the client’s state and use the facets of emotional intelligence (EQ) to build a stronger bond of trust. Research into the application of emotional intelligence in sales shows an excellent return on investment of this person centred approach to selling that combines personal excellence with any sales “model” used by the organisation.
During this course participants will:
- Learn the principals of emotional intelligence.
- Assess their emotional intelligence levels.
- Develop various facets of emotional intelligence using a range of tools and methods.
- Acquire skills in appraising a client’s emotional intelligence profile.
- Explore a range of techniques to build stronger relationships.
- Create an emotional intelligence development plan to use after the course
Psychological selling : 2 days
Everyone is different, even customers and they should be treated as such. Building strong personal relationships is at the heart of any sales effort and this is often forgotten as sales professionals focus on their scripts and sales models. This course uses the world’s most popular psychometric inventory, the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory or MBTI, to help sales professionals get a better understanding of what makes them tick and more importantly what their customers psychological preferences are and how they like to be influenced. This course quickly moves from a focus on the theory to a more practical standpoint, as participants analyse their client’s preferences and develop tactics to better match the needs of those preferences and therefore increase their success rate in the sales process.
In this course participants will
- As pre-work complete the MBTI survey and receive a comprehensive report
- Learn about the MBTI model of psychological preference and confirm their preference.
- Recognise their preferred style of communication.
- Learn to identify the various preference styles in customers.
- Develop and practise strategies for adjusting their personal style when this is necessary.
- Map out the estimated preferences of a key group of clients through an influence mapping process.
- Develop a sales development action plan to support the implementation of the ideas learnt back to work.
Sales Negotiation : 3 days
Along with prospecting, negotiation is one of the two weak points of most sales professionals. This course aimed that have little or some experience of negotiating and need to improve their skill. The course examines the most robust theories of negotiation available in the sales arena and through a series of cases and prepared role plays participants practice skills, behaviours and core principles of effective negotiation.
In this course participants will
- Understand their personal negotiation style preference.
- Be aware of the myths and fables of negotiation.
- Learn a range of tools to support the preparation phase of negotiation.
- Increase their competence in a vales focused negotiation process.
- Discover and practise a range of factors that influence negotiation success.
- Develop a learning and action plan to reinforce negotiation competency strengths and development areas.
All courses can be delivered in English or Spanish by Andi Roberts and Andi has a broad international network if a multi language / country rollout is required.