The first 100 days for a new leader are crucial.
In this period the image of the leader is created and the integration and impact the leader will have is given its foundation. This first 100 days may break or break a person in a new role.
“Few companies develop a systematic ‘on-boarding’ process for their new leaders, even though this is a critical function with major organizational implications” Goli Darabi, Senior Vice President, Corporate Leadership & Succession Management, Fidelity Investments
During this time the person needs to:
- Make a powerful first impression
- Match their style to the business context, culture and politics
- Develop and start a strategic change aligned with the business needs
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- Build up an effective team around them
- Ensure that quick wins occur so that credibility is increased
- Create a strong support network in the organisation that goes beyond the current team.
The First 100 days programme supports the leader being coached through these and additional challenges they face. Our coaches provide the thinking space for new leader to step back from the day to day operational pressures and wok out what’s important to them and what they need to focus on. Through face to face or phone coaching the leader will:
- Integrate more effectively into the organisation
- Accelerate value creation so results arrive sooner
- Sharpen the appropriate leadership skills for your business
First 100 days programme packages:
Package one: Initial two hour coaching session and four 60 minute follow on sessions.
Package two: Initial two hour coaching session, a relevant psychometric profile and eight 60 minute follow on sessions.
Package three: Initial two hour coaching session, a relevant psychometric profile, eight 60 minute follow on sessions, email and phone support in-between sessions and an additional three 60 minute coaching sessions to be used with the leaders team as appropriate.Image Source: Piotr bizior photography (www.bizior.com)