The Accountability Experience
In organisations today, everyone is feeling the pressure to meet ever-increasing expectations with less time and money than ever before. Stress, burnout, and disengagement are commonplace. Yet, in organisations that embrace accountability, results, retention, and morale flourish. Why? Because accountable individuals negotiate clear agreements, build strong partnerships, feel more in control of outcomes, and, as a result, are less stressed and more productive. In this workshop, participants discover the powerful personal and organisational benefits of individual accountability and the strategies to make it happen.
People do not learn and change because others tell them to. True learning and behaviour change can only occur when beliefs and attitudes change first. That’s the principle behind Effective Insights approach to learning and our Accountability Experience workshop. This highly interactive session challenges participants’ “mindsets” around the concepts of personal responsibility, self-empowerment, and personal accountability—delving deeply into what each learner believes about these concepts. It then helps them explore a whole new way of looking at personal accountability. Various tools for applying the principles in the workplace are introduced and practiced during the workshop.
This workshop builds the mindset and skills associated with accountability. As a result of actively participating, participants will be able to:
- apply new, constructive definitions of what personal responsibility, empowerment and accountability mean in today’s workplace.
- identify barriers to being and staying accountable.
- make and manage clear agreements with others.
- take initiative to renegotiate priorities and assignments using a constructive joint problem-solving approach.
- hold yourself and others accountable for agreements in a way that minimises conflict and encourages improved results.
- understand the results of your Accountability Assessment
During this workshop, participants are introduced to the Accountability Cycle and its three phases: responsibility, self-empowerment, and accountability. Each phase is fully explored and participants have the opportunity to practice a range of skills and tools including:
- Empowered Language
- Declining an Agreement
- Renegotiating an Agreement
- Learning from Past Successes
- Holding Themselves and Others Accountable
- Use of the Clear Agreement Form
- Increased self responsability
- Great self empowerment
- More accountability
- Greater personal performance
- More motivated workforce
- Participant workbook
- Self assessment report
- Memory jogger card
- 60 minutes per participant for pre course pre work
- 2 Day off-site workshop
- Programme fees
- 10 to 25 participants
We are able to deliver this virtually
Self accountability = team accountability = business results
Getting individuals to step up and meet their professional commitments is a clear way to get the business results you are looking to achieve. This course can be rolled out to a specific team, all employees or a portion of your workforce. We are also able to deliver this as a conference session in a great event.